Business in Mind
MCAD’s Entrepreneurship minor gives students exposure to practices, 语言, and tools used by creative professionals in social, 环境, and business settings. From advertising to analytics, the courses include a mix of lectures, 阅读, 视觉媒体, experiential exercises, and lectures by practicing creative professionals. Many courses include working with real clients on real problems. As creative collaborators and innovators, students build a strong portfolio and develop professional relationships which can lead to internships, 向人求教, 就业, or the start of a new business.
As an Entrepreneurship minor, you will:
- Explore the essential skills needed to start a business, proposal and grant writing, and professional practices used by artists and designers.
- Work collaboratively in teams to develop skills in client and project management, research and analysis, and creative leadership and execution.
- Develop innovation and problem-solving skills used by creative entrepreneurs, 自由职业者, or employees in nonprofit or for-profit settings.
- Work with real clients on real problems and deliver solutions that can be implemented.
- Build confidence in presenting in front of large groups.
This minor emphasizes a collaborative process of working on teams with students from all MCAD majors.
Required classes include:
- Financing Innovation
- Creating and Running a Business
There are many paths to explore with a minor in Entrepreneurship.
Potential careers include:
- Entrepreneur/Creative Business Owner
- Creative Director
"I recommend the Entrepreneurship minor to any student. It guides you through working for a big business or creating your own business. It's tailored to anywhere you want your future to go." –McKennan Marie '23, Furniture Design major