In an ever-changing field, MCAD 摄影 majors experiment with traditional tools, 现代技术, and up-and-coming trends to advance their unique storytelling abilities. With 24/7 access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment and Minneapolis as a backdrop, students explore the history, contemporary practices, and cultural impact of this relevant medium. Working individually or in groups, students produce books, 打印, 安装, and images for social media, all in preparation for a professional career in photography.
Hear about the student experience
As a 摄影 major, you will:
- Acquire a range of technical photography and photo-enhancing software skills.
- Become well-versed in both analog and digital mediums.
- Delve into both the applied and fine arts fields.
- Gain foundational skills in a variety of creative media.
- Communicate your ideas visually.
- Prepare for a professional career in photography.
This Bachelor of 美术 program emphasizes a collaborative process of working on teams with students from all MCAD majors. Required classes include:
- Digital 摄影 Studio
- Professional Practice
- Introduction to Art and Design 历史
There are many paths to explore with a degree in 摄影. Potential careers include:
- Fine Art Photographer
- Forensic Photographer
“MCAD encourages you to be a weirdo, try things, fail, try again . . . you can't get that everywhere and I miss it.” –Joseph Cramm ’07, Co-Founder of JAR 工作室; Professional Photographer