Designed exclusively for first-year students, this 2-credit course offers an abundance of resources that get you started on the right foot at MCAD. It helps new students feel a sense of community with other first-year classmates; navigate the college and course offerings; learn time-management skills; and understand how as an artist, designer, or entrepreneur positively influences others. The First-Year Experience course gives you access to amazing faculty who understand how to make a successful life transition in college.
FDN 1000: First-year Experience: Communities of Practice
This 2-credit course at a glance:
- Offered sequentially in fall and spring with no prerequisites required.
- Use support, resources, and practical exercises that focus on your development at MCAD.
- Get introduced to the Minneapolis creative community.
- Build a sense of community with first-year peers and fellow MCAD students.
- Meet with faculty who are dedicated to your journey at MCAD.
- Discover opportunities for professional development.
- Relax–there is no homework!